Blog Archive. Click to see more

Show more

I tried charging my Power Bank. The led lights were not blinking which means the Power Bank is not charging. How can I fix it?


The “led lights were not blinking” doesn't necessarily mean the power bank is dead. I have a solar power bank with some dead led bulbs. That just makes it a bit difficult to know how much power I have left in it. But the power bank itself still works quite well. So, I just charge overnight as normal and use how many times I top up my phone and its prevailing power level, to guess how much juice I have left in the power bank.
You have to provide more info to get a more considered and reliable advise. For instance,


  1. Did anything out of the ordinary happen?
  2. How long have you had it for?
  3. Have you used it according to the user manual and cautions notes? - see examples here.
  4. Has it exhausted its life cycle according to the product specification?
It may be possible that the led bulbs or the control IC got fried. To test this, plug your phone to your power bank as normal and see if it charges. If not, charge up the power bank (for a very short while since we don’t know what the problem is) and try again. If it doesn’t work then for safety reasons might be best you dispose it properly.
You may also want to contact the manufacturer or check the product spec leaflet if you still have it.
Dave Ebi is a Most Viewed power bank writer on Quora. Join us on FacebookTwitterInstagramG+ or LinkedIn



Comments